Places to visit in Bogota
What to do in bogota
- La candelaria: Beautiful colonial district which was built by the conquers and the first neighborhood in Bogota which during several hundred years ago has had important colonial mansions, historic buildings, academic buildings and political palaces and where was located (Santa Fe de Bogota) the former Bogota city.
- Plaza de Bolivar - Bolivar Square: It is the administrative center known simply as the Main square surrounded by the most significant political power and palaces where colombians make the main fairs, protest, giant parades and events such as concerts. This place offer many things to do, see and learn. You can visit this area with our Walking tours.
- Museo de Botero - Botero Museum: One of the most important museums in La Candelaria and Bogota it has art collection donated by Colombian artist Fernando Botero who is reckoned to be one of the most important in the country´s history and to made works mainly of drawings oil and pastel paintings, and sculptures. Also the museum are on display works by Picasso, Renoir, Dali, Monet and other artists.
- Museo del Oro - Gold Museum: It has one of the most pre Hispanic gold and metal collections in the world. It preserves, investigates, communicates and exhibits this collection for all visitors offering thematic visits, pedagogic animations and multimedia rooms. The exhibition has the best objects of the archeological regions of Colombia.
- Museo internacional de la Esmeralda - International emerald museum: The international Emerald museum is the first and unique cultural space that allows to show to the world one of the more valued cultural and geological patrimonies of humanity.You can enjoy this attraction and much more with our Emerald tours.
- Parque nacional - National Park: The national park is one of the more relaxes and at the same time sporting parks in Bogota where the residents visit this attraction to do extreme sports, exercises, healthy drinks, sport drinks or simply keep a relation ship between pairs and to live a relax day.
- Santa Maria Bullfight Arena - Plaza de Toros de Santa María: The Bull ring is other architectural attractive in Bogota it has a beautiful architectural style and it is one of the most critic places. The bull ring have preserved the spanish tradition and Bogota is one of the unique cities in south AmericaI where is allow and legal the bullfighting. If you want know more about this beautiful attraction we invite you to visit it in our amazing Bike tours.
- Museo Nacional - National Museum: This is Colombia oldest museum, started in 1823. It occupies the former city jail and contains some 20,000 works of art and historic objects.