Tour to Guatavita lake - Zipaquira salt cathedral
This trip is a great tour where you may enjoy the most important attractions together and close to Bogota.
On a private transportation service you will visit the first attraction it is the sacred lake - Guatavita which represents the sacred legend of Dorado that means a lost city of gold, a mythical place embellished with big treasures by our indigenous – (Muiscas). That place has searched for years on end to find this city of gold, no evidence of such a place has been founded. Other rumors tells that Dorado legend was located in the Andes range near of a lake, this rumor drive the discovery of the Guatavita sacred lagoon.
You will visit this Mystic place with a 15 minutes trekking and will enjoy the beautiful beauty of the lagoon, its gorgeous views and maybe discover a piece of gold while you are walking.
The second place you will visit is the first marvel in Colombia it is the Salt cathedral of Zipaquira located 49 Kilometers outside from Bogota. The Salt cathedral is a former salt mine which has been converted in a cathedral. It presents a perfect symbology between the man work and the beautiful forms created by God and nature.
According to the time in Zipaquira city you will get a typical Colombian lunch in one of the most typical restaurants of the region.
Tours to Zipaquira and Guatavita includes:
- Private transportation service. (Hotel - Tour - Hotel)
- Spanish - English speaking Tour Guide inside of the Salt cathedral and local guide in Guatavita lake.
- Free admission to Zipaquira – Salt cathedral and Guatavita lagoon.
- Typical and Big Lunch in the region of Zipaquira.
- Logistic + Permanent guide during all trip.
Tours to Zipaquira and Guatavita Price
|Us Dollars (Per Person - PP)|
|1 Person. US $170 (pp)|
|2 People. US $115 (pp)|
|3 People. US $95 (pp)|
|4 People. US $90 (pp)|
|5 People. US $84 (pp)|
|6 a 8 People. US $77 (pp)|
|9 a 10 People. US $75 (pp)|
|11 People. US $71 (pp)|
Please ask for quote - availability for more of 12 people
Please book in advance
- Every day except Mondays.
- The tours departs between 8:00 to 9:00 a.m (depending on the area where you are staying) at your Hotel / house. and it ends at 6:00 to 7:00 p.m at your Hotel / house.
- Please bring confortable clothes (Tennis preferably sport clothes, carry a layered jacket and umbrella to use on the top of Guatavita lagoon). During this time there is presence of rain precipitation.
- We can offer you an umbrella if you do not have one.